суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

elifant.co.uk




Well, Iapos;ve been thinking about doing this for a while now, and finally took the plunge this morning. Itapos;s Saturday, thank the heavens, and the day outside is cold but bright with the autumn sunshine - one of those wonderful days you just want to keep forever. The only trouble is that means I really should be outside doing something energetic in the garden (the grass is higher than it ought to be), but I canapos;t be bothered. Iapos;d rather stay indoors in the warm, near to the kettle and listen to some rather soothing music.

What can I say about me? Well, I work for a small company with some really great people, a psychopathic boss and his grey smudge of a wife. Weapos;ve recently moved into spanking new offices, which has two floors. I work upstairs and I share my floor with six other people. Amongst them we have:

The Feral Child - single, Christian, stressed and with a mind full of interesting (sometimes only to him) information which borders on the weird and wonderful. It should be no surprise to anyone that his favourite TV programme was The X Files.
Local Boy - also single, laid back, interested in lots of things. He has a million friends and a wonderfully dry sense of humour. Incredibly gifted in his work, and his talents are not being used to their full potential. For some reason he took a shine to me when I�joined the company three years ago and weapos;ve become firm friends.
Daddy Cool - difficult to describe. Married with a new child and an unhealthy obsession with cars.�
There are others, but Iapos;m not sure I shall be writing about them.

Downstairs, we have Psychoman, Grey Smudge, Freddie and Zim.

Zim is new to the company. Sheapos;s about my age and lives with her partner, Sunshine, in a village not far from me. Consequently we car share the journey to work, with me driving. She and I�have been getting to know each other these past few weeks and have discovered similar tastes in music and life in general; we also appear to share a similar sense of humour which is wonderful

Zimapos;s village has just been visited by a team of archaeologists, digging in the dirt for a long lost priory. This event has sent the village into a frenzy with all the gossips and busybodies coming out of the woodwork to watch, get in the way and cause mischief. One, we shall name her Chainmail Kate, told the diggers that Zim and Sunshine had uncovered chainmail in their back garden. A complete lie �One put about merely to gain kudos with the television crew attached to the diggers. A chance to get her fizzog on the telly, no doubt.

Poor Zim had to explain to the rather eager young man from the production company that they had discovered no such thing. In fact, all that had been unearthed, that wasnapos;t of a vegetable matter, were two or three old bricks, half a dozen rusty nails and the usual smattering of blue and white china.�

Anyway, the diggers have gone now and Zimapos;s village will go back to its usual ways. I wonder if Chainmail Kate will stop sulking and talk to her again?�





elifant.co.uk, elifant man, elifant list, elifant, elif uysal biyikoglu.



Комментариев нет: