четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

church invitation cards




As I got out of the car in Harrisonburg, VA, I felt uneasy. I was wearing my McCain will say anything to get elected/Palin will say anything thatapos;s on her teleprompter t-shirt and carrying my McCain-Keating apos;87 tote bag, both from my CafePress site. My mission (after I got some coffee) was to visit the local Obama office and drop off some free samples. I had mapped out four Obama offices in small towns to stop at on my way to Roanoke.

It seemed like a good plan when I was sitting in Rockville, MD. But now that I was actually going through with it, I was less sure. I became acutely aware of how negative all of my products were. The only positive one I had on me was the Obama/Mensch button, and thatapos;s not a message that most gentiles understand. What I was wearing was the equivalent of wearing a Yankees cap in a town that leaned towards the Red Sox. No, thatapos;s not right - the equivalent would be wearing a cap that said "F*ck the Red Sox" in Red Sox territory. Not a bright move by me.

This vague sense of danger was therapeutic in getting me to really think about what I was doing with my little shot at campaigning. I realized that I wasnapos;t just uncomfortable with the prospect of getting glares in the street, but I also wasnapos;t happy with how negative I was being in my partisanship. Sure, the shirt was kinda funny when I thought of it, and I was hopping mad about McCainapos;s ignored relationship with Charles Keating, but I personally am not comfortable with the "Hey you, your stupid penis-breathed candidate is a big stupid guy" frontal assault. Thatapos;s not me.

Iapos;m much more into mending fences, and hearing the other person out while calmly stating my beliefs. I vowed to be more positive in my shopapos;s message from that point on, and I didnapos;t bother making any more whistlestops on the way to Roanoke.

So I wonapos;t be making any more McCain/Palin insulting products. Unless, of course, I think of one thatapos;s really, really funny.


Ya-a-ay

church invitation cards, church invitation card, church investment program, church investment policy statement, church investment policy.



Комментариев нет: